Friday, January 6, 2012

twenty eleven re cap

| |
Here are some of my favorite outfits of 2011. I find it super interesting to go back and revisit what I thought were my favorite outfits of the past year, and what themes I latched onto. They always surprise me! Plus, I remind myself what I liked and what to wear again soon! (Here's my 2010 recap)

January
Cozy wool sweaters and stripes prevailed in january. Also, I loved this pendant I made out of an antique padlock.




February
Lots of boots in February. Or rather, my two favorite boots over and over! I've been meaning to get these in to the cobbler soon! I also love this aztec printed snood scarf I got on sale at ASOS. I still get compliments on it.


March
I hardly get enough chances to wear this great swing coat from H&M, but I love it when the weather is just warm enough  (but still cool enough) for its bracelet-cut sleeves and bare legs! Also, I think March is when I began wearing lipsticks for the first time.


April
We had a pretty chilly April, as I recall. Still wearing tights and jeans with socks, but luckily didnt need boots for once!


May
I know barfff, but I had to include it! My wedding dress was the perfect vintage 50's number with built-in crinoline and a giant bow on the back. This picture was the best I could find of the full ensemble, with a vintage flower crown and red suede shoes from Zappos.


June
Found an awesome pair of vintage jeans, looked like Rosie the Riveter, and started trying out maxi skirts in June. This one was worn to the Black Forest to reunite with my New-York-dwelling pal Joel and friends!


July
Holy suntan batman! I didnt realize I had gotten that much darker laying around up at the cabin. Kinda nice too see though! Reminds me of all the lazy days spent there (when can I go back?!?). Notably, Emma gave me that grey vintage dress and I had it tailored to fit. LOVE.


August
Apparently, now that I am a married lady, my outfits get a little bit more grown-up in August. I'm likin it!


September
Stripes, stripes, stripes! Falls a-coming!


October
Maria gave me the loveliest sun dress at the swap, and I only got to wear it once before it got too cold. I cant wait to wear it again!


November
Another valiant attempt at the maxi skirt, this time for fall. I cant give up my jeans and button-ups though...


December
Black, navy and jeans prevailed in December (still are). Thrifted a gaggle of great vintage sweaters that I have just been living in lately! Especially that cream cable-knit one.

As always, more outfit details can be found on my Flickr!
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin