Wednesday, January 4, 2012

(dot)luv + Stitch Fix

| |
Before the Holiday, I was contacted by the wonderful Laura from Stitch Fix, about partnering with (dot)luv to be one of the first (lucky) participants in their wonderful new online styling service!

 "Stitch fix is a monthly personal style service-- a way to conveniently stay up to date with the latest trends and styles. We're only available for women right now, sorry boys! Each month, you get a package delivered to your door with clothing and accessories, picked just for you!  How much fun is that? So, we'll get to know you, your style, and your life through a style survey. Then, you'll get a package consisting of five of the latest and greatest fashions based on your size and style preferences and the season's latest trends. Try everything on at home in the comfort of your own closet, with your own mirror and your own jeans. Keep what you want and send back what you don't.  It's that easy.  Plus, we're working with some of the best affordable brands around!"

I had a great time and will definitely do it again in the future. Read my full review and how I styled the pieces they sent me, below!



First was the packaging. They send you a giant bundle with 5 items, wrapped in delicate tissue paper, with a sticker closure. They even included a little gift, a Stitch Fix sticky note pad (Aw). I opened the package to find a dress, sweater, blousy top, pair of leggings, and my personal favorite... a blanket wrap sweater!


First up, I ended up falling for the Jaloux velvet burn-out dress, it just felt so luxurious and different than I would normally wear, but still edgy. I decided to keep it, and wore it out to New Year's Eve with my friends! I went to the Amsterdam Bar & Hall, where a friend of mine works, and Communist Daughter was playing. Styled with my own sheer polka dot tights from Urban, and red heels from Zappos. (I wanted to wear it like this out, but had to wear opaque black tights and boots to stay warm enough!).


Next was a great basic black and white striped sweater, with just a bit of metallic thread in it. It is just a bit oversized, but still fitted, which was perfect! I think it looks great with my favorite jeans, some suede booties, and a red fisherman's hat (that I borrowed from my husband, thanks babe!)


I wasnt too sure about this black blouse when I took it out of the package. It has an elastic waistband, which I dont normally go for. However, I liked the very unusual cut of it, and the gold button details on the shoulders. And I have to say, I liked it quite a bit once I put it on! Here I styled it for a night out, with jeans, a fancy gold statement necklace, and Michael Kors black pumps.



Finally, I styled the black leggings along with the BB Dakota southwestern print blanket sweater and my own grey Tom's for a comfy cozy look. If you know me IRL, you know that I have never met a blanket sweater that I did not like, and this one was no exception. It was warm, stylish and fit really well in the sleeves. I could totally see myself wearing this, unapologetically, everyday to work. The leggings also fit great, and I like the wide flat higher-waisted waistband on them. They had zipper details on the ankles, and faux zipper pockets at the hips (not pictured).




Can you see the joy on my face? Unfortunately, I could only keep one thing without going totally over my budget (dang Holidays, you make me broke!), but otherwise, I would have totally kept this too... (boo).

Anyways, I highly recommend trying this service out. It was super fun to take the style survey at the beginning, and see what they thought you would like. I almost felt like they knew better what it was that I wanted than I do. If you do try this out, email me first, they give me a $25 referral credit for every client they get through me. Then, if you refer anyone else, you can feel love with a credit as well! Thanks again Stitch Fix, you guys are great and I hope you continue to succeed, I know you will!

ALSO, OH YEAH DID I MENTION NEW HAIRS? Went darker and shorter (can you believe it?), what do you think? I feel more grown up now, somehow...
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin