Monday, January 9, 2012

resolutions

| |
2011 was a whirlwind of a year for me. An Amazing year. I traveled a bit, got married, celebrated friends and family, and I tried to fully appreciate the wonderful life I live. It's not always what I'd pictured myself doing at 25, but I am lucky. And in 2011 I think I did a pretty good job of reminding myself of that! And yet, there are always little improvements that can be made. Some things I've been thinking about making a priority in 2012:

+ Start eating meats again. Something to do with grabbing life by the horns and never holding back!! Never turning down an opportunity to eat well, enjoy life and stay out a little bit too late.

+ I need more candles in my life. Buy a bunch of candles. Something to do with romance.

+ The ubiquitous "I need to get in shape" resolution. I agree with Erin that "get in shape" feels a little bit more attainable than "lose weight." I just feel my age beginning to catch up with me (see above). I'm thinking Mary Helen's Ballet Beautiful might just be the perfect change for me.

+ Have no fear. I might need to deal with some big (difficult?) life changes in 2012, and I have to remember not to be afraid, and remember that everything will work out in the end. Life may not be like I had originally planned, but sometimes it turns out better! Travel more, even if you dont think you have the dough, and take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves to you. Make opportunities happen for myself!

+ Seek out simple little ways to de-stress. Pay bills in advance, have a glass of wine before dinner, make homemade bread and other baked goodies more often.

+ Create more. Whatever that might mean.


PS: Inspired by Jen from jenloveskev, Alex and I whipped up a quick (our first) Happy New Year newsletter/card for family and friends and sent it out last week! You can see it here.
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin