Friday, March 8, 2013

SPACE PARTY

| |
YOU GUYS, I am getting so excited to attend my friends' upcoming SPACE PARTY! Any and all kinds of space related costumes will be in attendance, and all sorts of weird alien foods & beverages will be consumed. Last time around (yes, this is our second space-themed party, the last one was so epic we had to do it again! Flickr proof here!) my costume was pretty blah, and thrown together last-minute, but this time around I am determined to be prepared (there is a grand prize for the best costume... we are nerds.)

Emma and I went to the craft store last weekend to collect items for our costumes, and I ended up getting super inspired by all the weird plants and materials in the floral aisle. I even started construction and spray-painting some things the other night. I cant wait to see how it turns out! But to give you a little sneak peek, here are some of the inspirations I've gathered from the diverse corners of the internet. Think sort of a white ethereal moon-princess-type-creature. But with a little edge. ;)

This great outfit via The Fashion Void that is DC

The Childlike Princess from the Neverending Story


Moon Princess by McMugget on Deviantart


white leather harness by BCBG Max Azria via Elle (via an amazing DIY harness tutorial by DeSmitten)



Whitish alien plantssss



And of course, I cant decide what to do for a manicure yet but, GEMS? PEARLS? YES BOTH!



 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin