Friday, February 22, 2013

winter wear / new coat

| |
I was lucky to pick up this great vintage coat a while back, while out thrifting. It is right up my alley, with its classic drab green, quilted style coat, complete with a great faux fur shawl collar, it is the perfect mix of utilitarian american heritage style for me! I havent been able to wear it until recently, because it has almost been too cold to wear anything other than my trusty down coat that goes from my nose to me knees! But on the warmer days this past weekend (read: about 20 - 30 degrees),  I was able to throw it over a wool shirt, and was plenty warm for running errands. Yay!

 





I also picked up these tan ankle wedge boots the other day, and have been wearing them nonstop! To work and out in the evening (even though it's been a bit slippery here and there!).

wool shirt: vintage, thrifted at Mighty Swell Vintage! (for the boy, actually, but it ended up being much too short for him :( )
tank underneath: F21
jeans / leggings: Target
ankle boots: DSW
coat: vintage, thrifted
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin