Monday, February 4, 2013

down in the dumps

| |

Sorry I haven't been around lately, guys. I've had the winter doldrums setting in. You know, the "just hibernating and feeling completely unmotivated and uninspired" type stuff. And to top it all off, a good friend and colleague of mine passed away last week... It's been rough. But I have to say that after this weekend, I feel revived. I was surrounded with fun times and great friends. It helped me to feel so thankful for what I have!

Friday we went to see Sarah perform her heart out at the Minneapolis Burlesque Festival along with countless other sexies at the Ritz in Northeast, and closed down the after-party at the bar next door afterwards! So much fun!

Saturday, Alex and I did some errands (including a stop at Fulton Brewery, only our second brewery on what is looking like a looooong checklist) and then went to a see Ben's band, Coat Pocket Whiskey, at one of their most low-key performances so far.

Finally on Sunday, our friends Emma and Bryan hosted their 4th annual Superbowl / Halftime show viewing / chili cookoff extravaganza! It was definitely the best yet. Three kinds of delicious chilis, wings, meatballs, cornbread and CAKE. Plus, Beyonce was awesome! And Destiny's Child?!?! I die.

Thanks friends for being there for me! I cant wait til next weekend, for I have brunch plans with ladies and video game competitions scheduled. That should definitely help me out of my doldrums this week. Plus, I have some exciting blog posts scheduled, now that I am back in action and feelin' pumped. Stay tuned!

Photo above is the lovely city of Saint Paul, as viewed from Indian Mounds Regional Park, taken with my iPhone.
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin