Tuesday, June 5, 2012

ballet

| |
As some of you know, I've been working on doing Ballet Beautiful 3-5 times a week, and after only a few weeks, I can definitely tell a difference. I no longer feel pain in my back when sitting at work all day, I have wayyyy more flexibility and I have definition in my legs and abs (muscles? who knew I had those)! But its funny, Ballet has also been showing up in my life here and there and everywhere lately... WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT? Well, they say things come in threes I suppose.

First I saw this documentary trailer on a blog a few days ago, called First Position, and it looks FASCINATING. I always find myself interested in young athletes, their inexplicable drive and determination, maybe because I was once an athlete like them. I will forever identify with these kids' desire to be their absolute best and ultimately, win!



Then I saw this amazing short from the New York City Ballet about pointe shoes. Specifically, the pointe shoes that NYC Ballet dancers use, and about the importance of them. This is a beautiful video and so interesting!



Also, this video is pretty much completely unrelated, but it makes me smile and makes me want to get up and dance myself! The animation is so fresh and lovely, with that watercolor treatment on light paper. Animation by Shishi Yamazaki, more here.

 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin