Saturday, October 31, 2009

halloween inspiration

| |
While I was on a thrifting adventure recently, I found an amazing long grey dress, probably 70's, and knew I had to get it. I didnt know what I was going to do with it yet, but I would figure it out! Then, while brainstorming halloween costume ideas for this year, I thought I could use the dress and either be Cleopatra, an angel type creature, or something more grecian... a goddess? There is just so much I could do! Here are some beautiful images pulled from The Commons on Flickr that I used for inspiration.





Eventually I decided on Athena, goddess of war. I just love that last image above of the young woman dressed as a warrior. Her shield and little golden skirt are so precious. I hope she is not actualy planning to go to war! Anyways, I will definitely post pictures of how it came out soon! How about you? Do you have an amazing costume idea this year??
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin