Monday, September 8, 2014

allez a la piscine!

| |























Alright folks, super exciting announcement time.

Alex and I are planning another jaunt to Europe this fall, I am so indescribably excited! This time we will be in Paris for 8 days, and then meandering around the French Riviera / Cote d'Azure for an additional week. If you know me in real life, you know that I can barely stop talking about it, and for that I am truly sorry, friends! I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to be able to travel at this point in my life. I know it is not super common for people my age to travel outside of school-sponsored study abroad programs... My parents are always joking (not joking) that we are by far more well-traveled by age 30 than they will ever be. We will of course be on a strict budget, Paris has a pretty bad rap as being super expensive. But honestly, I would rather travel on a budget than not travel at all.

I just cant wait to do everything in Paris I've always dreamed about (hellooo Paris flea, I'm comin' for you!) and then spend some time just stuffing ourselves with pizza and seafood, drinking wine, and lazing about the beach all day. I think we're going to skip the touristy things this time around, including admission to the Louvre (I know, shoot me if you must. Again, budget constraints) and the Eiffel Tower (though I wouldn't mind finding a scenic hilltop to gaze at it from afar!) I just want to roam the streets, window shop, eat and people watch; picnic along the Seine and maybe stroll through the Pierre Lachaisse cemetère to say hello to my dearest, Edith Piaf.

Have you been to France at all, do you have any must-see / must-do / insider tips for a couple exploring Paris on a budget? You must fill me in!



 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin