Tuesday, July 29, 2014

main floor bathroom mini makeover!

| |

Okay, so I've made so much progress on the house since my last post, and I've just been so busy enjoying each one of them, the small things and the big changes! But sharing them here on the ole blog is wayyy past due dont you think? So let's get started playing catch up.


First up, the mini-makeover I gave the first floor bathroom (see before pictures in this post). It was put in when the previous owners flipped the house, in an existing hallway to the kitchen. And luckily the fixtures (decent pedestal sink, toilet with traditional styling) aren't too horrendous (though not what I would have chosen), but it really was sort of basic in there, and I wanted to bring it up to the level of character that the rest of our house has. So all I really had to do was paint, change out the light fixture, add period door hardware, repaint some existing things, add accessories and VOILA! I really want to add just one more small detail that will add a little bit of character to the otherwise pretty new-construction-looking space: a simple painted white pine beadboard ceiling and crown moldings to match the simple details of our house. I'll add a photo of that as soon as I can!

For now, please enjoy these awful iPhone photos that I took for you ;)







I'll be installing that same set of antique door hardware on all the doors in my house, eventually. I lucked out, usually old backplates dont fit over the pre-bored holes of new doors, but these were a perfect fit! Also, what do we think about this rug, versus the old rug? I wanted one that fit better, but am worried that this one is almost too small for the space. Though I do love the colors, pattern and most of all the texture!

the deets:

lighter grey and darker grey wall paint: Ace Kensington & Clark color-matched to Benjamin Moore // vanity light fixture: Industrial Loft Double Wire Guard pendant from Barn Light Electric // hand towels: Turkish bath towels, souvenirs from our trip to Istanbul last summer // handmade ceramic vase: vintage, thrifted // wool and jute rug: thrifted // antique black porcelain knob set and lock: Northwest Architectural Salvage // towel bar (existing) painted with: Krylon matte black finish

Thanks for bearing with me, guys. This whole homeownership thing has taken over my life, and I am enjoying every minute of it:) Coming up next on my house-project tour, the studio upstairs! This one's also an oldie, but a goodie :)





 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin