Wednesday, November 28, 2012

feeling festive (part one)

| |

Normally, I dont get into the Christmas spirit until after Thanksgiving (yes, I realize that it is now after Thanksgiving), but this year I found myself accidentally humming to the Christmas music playing on the speakers in Home Depots and Targets long before it was decent to do so. I found myself perusing google images for Christmas decoration inspiration and how-tos before I had even researched which apple pie recipe I was going to make for our Thanksgiving feast (ahem, the night before...)



I blame it, in part, on the fact that we have a house now and I am excited to decorate it for the first time! I am excited to try out these weird suction cups that claim to hold up a 20-lb wreath on a single window pane! And guys, I am so excited to try out getting my first ever real Christmas tree! It's the first time in my life I really feel that sense of pride in making my house look nice for the Holidays.



Also, I feel like I really need the extra Christmas cheer this year. Aside from the yearly seasonal depression I know to anticipate, and the annual work stress of putting on the nation's largest college Art Sale, we've both had a long year: celebrating our first year of marriage, mourning the deaths of two grandmas (one of each of ours), enduring the stress of house-hunting and putting in purchase offers, and elation in first-time homeownership. We've traveled to a state we've never been to before, Illinois, met some great new people, and helped make a wedding for our sister and brother-in-law.


Now I know we still have a month left of 2012, but I've been feeling thankful (tis the season) and pondering the future. And I thought this would be a good time to mention it.

Have a great rest of 2012, folks! And prepare yourself for Christmas decorations post PART DEUX, when we go pick out our Christmas tree! I am pumped.
xoxo
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin