Friday, August 3, 2012

new photographs

| |

Here are some new photographs I've been making, but havent shared yet. You can view more of my personal work on my professional website, here. And, though I dont like to seem like I'm asking for work, I would like to make more of an effort to stitch my two very disparate worlds together a bit more in the near future (fashion blogging and traditional photography). So in a bit of a nod to my new years resolutions this year, I want to state here, for the record, that I am now available to shoot fashion or accessories, lookbooks, portraits or interior spaces. I traditionally work in film, 35mm and 6x6 medium format.

And I would love to do so. Contact me!







And so that I dont sound like a completely self-absorbed artist, you should go check out what this other amazing photographer is doing at Underground New York Public Library. Photographing people reading (GASP) books on the NYC subway! Real Books! He even tells you WHAT they're reading and WHERE to buy them! They're amazing! In his own words:

"I’m Ourit and this is my current photography project. I make the pictures and the posts. I’m fascinated by how we apply ourselves to stories and discourse. In so doing, we shape who we understand ourselves to be."

... But it's so much more than that! It's the realization that people, other people are still reading The Printed Word. That we all still somehow hang on to this medium, instead of collectively turning to the kindle. Its a reminder that you can get so wrapped up in a good book on the subway that sometimes people continue to read as the get off the subway, as they walk down the street! This is a real life advertisement. Plus the obvious, we are all connected thing. Read books, people.

 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin