Saturday, December 3, 2011

outerwear inspiration

| |
I constantly struggle with how to look put together (I sound like my mom when I say that) once its gets to be 20 degrees outside and snowing. Plus, I am always freezing! So I tend to just layer on as many scarves and winter accessories over my warmest sleeping bag coat. But today, I got up, brushed my teeth, and promptly sat down to peruse my "outfit inspiration" board on pinterest to get a little insight into today's outfit for a little vintage shopping with my lady Emma. We had some delicious goodies and coffee at A Baker's Wife (yum!), stopped by Mighty Swell on the hunt to find the perfect vintage cocktail dresses, and ended by chatting with Megan and Nora at the Two Birds Boutique sale. Those two had some great things to peruse this time around, including a great black statement necklace that I picked up. I cant wait to try it out!


Anyways, thanks to pinterest and of course the lovely Liz, of Olive My Love (pictured above), found via CaliVintage, I was inspired to style an outfit similar to this one! I have a coat from H&M that fit the bill, and some great tan suede booties, by Jessica Simpson. 


What do you think? I wish I could have worn one of my (many!) striped shirts underneath like the inspiration photo, but in order to stay warm enough, I opted for a flannel that I could layer with a tee underneath that.

coat: H&M
plaid shirt underneath: AA
scarf: vintage, antique store
jeans: H&M?
suede booties: Jessica Simpson, from DSW
leather satchel: vintage, thrifted
leather tote: vintage, just purchased at Mighty Swell (among other things!)

PS: This photo was taken with an iPhone instead of my usual digital camera, so I decided to do a little messing around with it. INSTAGRAM STYLE!
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin