Tuesday, November 22, 2011

fall foods (part 3)

| |

I cant even begin to tell you about all of the things we made with the last of our summer CSA share. SO MUCH. But I have to say, the last few weeks (in October!) were my favorite boxes. In them, we got squashes, potatoes, chard, onions, garlic, pumpkins and spinach. YUMMMMM. Here are a select few of my favorite meals that we made with them.

First of all, I made PICKLES. Lots and lots of pickles with all of those leftover cucumbers, and other things that I didnt know what to do with. Let's just pickle 'em! Here is the refrigerator pickle recipe I used. Super easy!


This one is Pumpkin and Carrot soup, with ginger.


We made a big batch of pureed cauliflower instead of potatoes, since we wanted to cook them somehow before they went bad. Since we only have a tiny food processor, I wasnt able to get them as creamy and smooth as I would have like. BUT, this is a very good way of getting some vitamins, and limiting your starches (see how I slathered them with butter? That's healthy, right?)


This delicious Pasta with Broccoli Rabe and Italian Sausage recipe. Was. The. Bomb.


Maple Glazed Radishes (and Carrots)



This one's not so pretty, but in another few weeks, I bet it will make for an AMAZING Bloody Mary. Guess what it is? I am infusing some vodka with tomato! Yessss.


Pasta with Butternut Parmesan Sauce. I could seriously eat this stuff with a SPOON IT WAS SO GOOD (I may have)!


Your basic acorn squash, served Midwestern-style with LOTS of butter and brown sugar. And Roasted Brussel Sprouts (also basic, but so delicious!)


Carrot Greens Pesto (instead of Basil Pesto, and LET ME TELL YOU, I think I preferred it to the basil! I reallllllyyyyy loved the fragrant, almost garlicky flavor).



And for Halloween, I made a nice purple cabbage coleslaw and served fresh cauliflower with guacamole (BRAAAIINNNNNS!) I set the squashes I had around the table for decoration, haha PERFECT!



And last but not least, I didnt get a photo of it, but I made a delicious Baked Potato Soup for the last weekend we went to the cabin!
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin