Wednesday, April 14, 2010

finally, springtime

| |

Alex and I went to Lake Calhoun for a picnic this weekend, to celebrate spring! Plus, we had to eat some lunch before going grocery shopping to make sure we didnt buy everything in the store (I am sure you know what I mean).

I finally got a chance to try out this antique (vintage?) quilt I bought awhile back at the Mall of St. Paul. All of the lovely quilts in this booth were HALF OFF, and I knew I had to snatch one up for picnics like this. Last summer we occasionally used a FLEECE blanket for picnics, and you can imagine how sweaty and yucky that was... This one is so much nicer, the perfect size for Alex and I and some lunch, and its not too girly. I actually think it was meant to be a boy's quilt because the little print has horses and elephants and cowboys on it. So perfect!

For lunch we had some fruit (pineapple and mango), cherry tomatoes, some pumpkin seeds (roasted and salted!), cheeses, crackers (egg matzo, on sale after passover), baguette and tea. Alex read a book, and I mostly sunbathed. I highly recommend it.





AND on another outdoor-related, but more musically-inclined note, we purchased our Rock the Garden tickets yesterday! They went on sale to Walker Art Center and Public Radio members only, and they hadnt even announced the full lineup when we entered our credit card number (!), but Alex and I really did love the lineup last year, so we knew we wouldnt like this years quite as much just on principle. It does sound like a lot of fun, and we are so looking forward to June 19th!!






It sounds like this summer is going to be jam-packed for Alex and I ALREADY. Let us begin: vacation to CA in late May, MOVE to uptown on June first (excited! more on that later), RTG on June 19th, little sisters 21st birthday in late June (yikes!), family camping trip in early July, wedding in late July, etc etc etc!

I should probably stop talking now... I am just feel so amped about it being springtime and about signing a new lease in uptown with the best guy in the world!

 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin