Tuesday, July 7, 2009

lets play catch up

| |
I've been getting a little behind in blog posts recently, but I really wanted to make sure I posted about my Independence Day festivities before it was too late. Its kind of a good story.

Alex and I decided to go see the St. Anthony Main fireworks display (not the Powderhorn display, even though those are much closer to where we live), but could not find any parking even though we got there a half hour early! We ended up driving around throughout the whole fireworks display, missing them, until we finally just put the flashers on and caught the finale. Disheartening to say the least, especially since we were getting super stressed out. But following the fireworks was the '10 Second Film Fest' put on outside the Soap Factory, one of my favorite local art joints. That ended up being a lot of fun. There was lots of beer, lots of films, lots of people I knew, and one friend from high school who won for 'Best Metaphor' (there were prizes!)! What a co-inky-dink! Luckily we went home more than content, instead of grumpy and fireworks-less. Here are some pictures and one not so flattering one of me holding all of the stuff.






(ps I swear Ill get around to that shoe jewelry diy eventually!!!)
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin