Wednesday, June 17, 2009

goings on

| |
Its strange. Lately, Ive been feeling like there have been a lot of things going on for me, and at the same time not a lot going on at all! Working ses has been both super boring during the day and hard to juggle at the same time. Maybe its because I've been trying to fill all my spare time with things. Here are some of the things: First I had to (HAD TO?!? wooho!) go shopping for a dress to wear to Tony and Charity's wedding next weekend (friends of Alex's and mine). I was almost going to buy one of the dresses on clearance at Banana Republic the other day, but they were just too expensive. I couldn't quite afford them. Then I stopped by Via's Vintage yesterday to just look around, and of course I found several gorgeous things.



I ended up getting this one when the sales girl offered it to me for $15 less than was on the tag because quote "You HAVE to get that dress, it is so perfect on you!" Well, duh. Now I had to...

I also got a 60's silk sleepshirt for a few bucks. I love the fabric and fit of it, but it also had WAY too much lace on it for my taste. I brought it home a cut lace off of the collar, sleeves, chest AND pockets. Before and After below. Phew... much better now.



Lastly, Ive found several new blogs and websites that I didnt know existed! I always "run into" caroline@goodwiu on wardrobe_remix, and just realized that she has a blog. And I really like it becae she also posts a lot of amazing photography in addition to outfits, store updates and inspiration. Hi Caroline!!

Through her I found this great jewelry designer called Bario-Neal. "Bario-Neal jewelry is handcrafted in Philadelphia with reclaimed precious metals; ethically-sourced stones; and low-impact, environmentally conscious practices. 1% of all Bario-Neal profits is donated to the Association for Responsible Mining." SO TOTALLY UNIQUE ECO-FRIENDLY AND COOL.

Other blogs and things I've found: Shoptoast via Fashion Toast, Shoelust, Sea of Shoes, oh my gosh that's enough...

Peace out.
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin