Friday, February 27, 2009

Keep Calm and Carry On

| |

Since posting the shoot I did for Apartment Therapy a few days ago, I've been noticing several negative (if downright angry!) comments about the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster featured in the kitchen. Now, this poster is hugely popular. People have been putting copies of this poster, originally screen-printed here (I think), for years. And apparently some people are super sick of seeing it everywhere!


Now, I've thought about it. And although I agree that it is far from unique anymore, the simple phrase itself is nice and maybe even the sort of thing you want to read everyday. And so, I went on a hunt for other "Keep Calm" paraphenalia, just to see whats out there (and maybe to see if I wanted to put it in my house). AND THERE IS JUST SO MUCH. T-shirts, mugs, rugs and tote bags, all printed with the infamous phrase...

I especially like the custom wallpaper I found on Flickr, below. It is now mine...


What do you think? Could this iconic poster still be used in unique or interesting ways? Is there anything else out there - a trend or aesthetic like this - that bothers you as much?
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin