Tuesday, April 21, 2015

spring is in the air (I hope)

| |

Hi folks, long time no blog eh?

There's been lots going on with me lately, most of which essentially revolves around me waiting for it to be Spring now pleeeaaaase! There is so much we want to accomplish this year, and so much waiting still before it all can be done.

The photo above is what our backyard basically looked like as of this week. As I type this, a crew of arborists are at Laurel, removing the remainder of our large trees and stumps in the back yard (I hope! Why don't I have a webcam installed, again!?!) to make room for our brand new fence! We removed everything we could handle, including the existing (ancient) chain link fence, which had grown into all of the trees along the perimeter of the yard (reason numero uno why they needed to be removed - not so structurally sound anymore). And actually, that part went pretty smoothly, I have to say. Sawzalls are SO FUN, you guys!

Hopefully tomorrow (more on that in a bit), our new modern, horizontal cedar fence will be installed (yay!) I can barely contain my excitement! Yes, MORE exclamation points!! Last I talked to the fence guy, there was an issue with getting the height variance we requested, so we may have to wait on an inspector to come out and re-address the issue, but I seriously hope not.

More on that when I've got pictures, promise. Other things on the list for spring / summer include:

  • Rehang string lights near patio (directly on the new fence? install poles?)
  • Plant two or more new trees (and lilac bushes along back?)
  • Transplant ferns and rose bushes from mom's garden, compost and mulch gardens beds
  • Strip paint from front porch concrete steps
  • Repaint front porch railings (part two; part one completed last summer)
  • Replace front porch sectional cushions
  • Hang string lights in front porch
  • Patch attic pine floors where needed
  • Sand and seal attic pine floors
  • Paint attic white (walls, trim, doors, windows, stair treads)!






 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin