Monday, August 31, 2009

8.31.09

| |
I know just about everyone is buzzing about the fall already, but not me. I definitely foresee myself being the last one to get on the fall fashion boat! Don't get me wrong, I love scarves as much as the next girl, but I just don't think I would ever tire of breezy summer dresses, ice cream cones and lazy days on the beach... I guess life is just not that simple, is it?

Although on the other hand, the only reason I don't like the fall is because I know that it wont last long and that it will be harsh Minnesota winter before I know it! Maybe I should just jump right in to plaids and tights, and take full advantage of it instead!? The truth is that I get cold very easily (I have been known to wear several long-sleeved shirts and layers of tights INDOORS) and on top of that I get thoroughly BORED with winter. Not being able to go anywhere, and being cold and miserable if you do. I am such a fussy little baby!


Oh well, I am going to fully enjoy this last week or two of warmer weather, gosh darnit! And on that note, this dress above has been one of my favorite summer dresses this year. I wore it to work for my very first official day of work at MCAD today (even though I've been training in for two weeks)! I was definitely nervous about it, but I think it went pretty well.

dress: vintage, from the Antique Mall of St. Paul, I removed the original tie belt and used a different one to make it a little less summery
belt: thrifted from Goodwill, originally from Jones New York
authentic Minnetonka Moccasins: Northern MN shop
cardigan: who knows! it is such an old friend...
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin