Friday, May 8, 2009

thrifting adventures

| |
I recently went to Savers looking for cheap work pants and sneakers, and they were having a .99cent sale, and so of course, I brought home more than I had anticipated! Which is fine I guess, as long as it was cheap!!

On of the things I found was this awesome hippie sweater thing, and since I never buy stuff like this, I took some inspiration from Rumi at Fashion Toast (the most adventurous of the fashion bloggers I know!), and tried it out below. I decided to try it a couple of different ways in a Sally Jane Vintage four-ways-post kind of way, just to see how I liked it best. What do you think? Am I a bonafied hippie-slash-suburban-mom who thinks shes hip?

I kind of like it.






I went with the jeans for today, I thought it was a little more daytime. Stay tuned for more posts about my recent thrifting adventures!! Also, some really exciting news involving my friend Emma and our mutual love of vintage.

poncho-sweater: thrifted, Savers
tunic-dress: Urban
jeans: Old Navy Limited Edition, thrifted from Savers
gladiator sandals: Steve Madden, thrifted from Buffalo Exchange
boots: Chinese Laundry, from DSW
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin