Wednesday, May 13, 2009

an ode

| |
In honor of Emma and I recently joining the Etsy community (go take a look at the additional 10 items we added today!), I thought I'd do a post about some really great shops out there! Some longstanding favorites and new finds alike, I present to you:

imyourpresent

I admire this girl for not only her adorable handmade girly-chic clothing and earrings, but also for the SHEER AMOUNT of work she sells a day. She must have quite the following if she managed to sell 33 ITEMS this last Saturday!!!! You Frickin Go Girl!



---

Clever Nettle's estatesale

I've mentioned this lady before, but I am still infatuated with her lovely photographs-that-look-like-illustrations! Not to mention, she always has such a vast array of adorable items for sale... You can check out her blog here (which I've been reading for awhile, and is how I found out about her etsy).



---

sallyjanevintage

A long-time favorite of mine, this lady always has a well-edited collection of vintage items for sale. My personal favorites are the dresses, OH THE DRESSES. And she's from the south, one of the few bloggers I know of from the south, and so its refreshing to get her angle and style updates mixed in with my usual LA and NYC-residing bloggers (I love you too!) Plus you can keep ahead of the game by reading her blog due to the fact that she updates you like clockwork, every week!



---

domestikate

Lastly, but CERTAINLY not leastly (can I say leastly??), this shop has me floored. A self-proclaimed "junker" who is both country, rock and roll and "definitely a little bit pirate," domestikate has the most beautiful collection of household goods and antiques (she also has a vintage clothing etsy!). And the photography is perfect. I'd like to frame some of them and hang them as still-life paintings. And I guess I have to mention that she's also been mentioned (mentioned?!? I should say lusted over!) by such prestigious blogs as Apartment Therapy, HGTV blog, Real Simple, Vintage Indie, and PoppyTalk to name a few.




That's all I can handle for now, but I'll keep you all (all? does anyone read this? maybe I should just say 'you' and keep myself in the dark. edit: I'm in a chips-and-salsa-induced-stupor right now, I apologize if I sound wierd...) updated on things if I find more that I just have to share.
 
Instagram VSCO Pinterest Twitter Flickr Follow me on Bloglovin